Across The Wide
Across The Wide formed in 2008 as a band ready to bridge a number of American musical traditions. Situated at the crossroads of Traditional Country, Americana, and Honky Tonk, their music is the kind of toe-tapping experience that appeals to audiences from Nashville Tennessee to Lyon France.
Formed in 2008 by long time friends Mark Mundy and Jody Abernathy, Across The Wide’s performances are a showcase of excellent songwriting, with captivating melodies and memorable lyrics, providing sensational live shows that have audiences praising the experience long after the concert ends.
Jody was selected as one of twelve songwriters worldwide to attend the Jeffrey Steele Songwriters Boot Camp in Nashville, Tennessee.
They have been the featured act at national and international events:
- The Wire And Wood Songwriters Festival in Alpharetta, Georgia.
- The Yellow Daisy Music and Arts Festival at Stone Mountain, Georgia. (twice)
- Nashville's legendary Bluebird Cafe.
- Two shows in Lyon, France.
- Featured on televised PBS Artist Showcase in Pensacola, Florida.
Because of their exceptional musicianship, they are a favorite support band. Recent events where they opened shows include,
- Confederate Railroad. Moonshine Festival in Dawsonville, Georgia.
- Gene Watson. Anderson Hall in Hiawassee , Georgia.
- Sammy Kershaw. Anderson Hall in Hiawassee, Georgia
- David Lee Murphy. The Cadillac Ranch in Atlanta, Georgia
- Jeffrey Steele. Third and Lindsey in Nashville, Tennessee
- Asleep At The Wheel. Wild Bills in Duluth, Georgia
- Charlie Daniels Band, Confederate Railroad, Little Texas and Billy Dean.
- "Angelus," in Tampa, Florida.